Friday, May 14, 2010

Craigslist Diamond Ring Ad Leads to Father's Murder in Home Invasion


TACOMA, Wash. (CBS/AP) Four suspects are charged in a fatal home-invasion robbery linked to a Craigslist ad, according to Washington State officials. James Sanders, of the Pierce County community of Edgewood, Wash., was fatally shot on April 28 trying to defend his home from robbers who showed up on the pretext of purchasing a diamond ring he had advertised on the online classified site.

Sanders' wife, Charlene, told reporters last week how the people who pretended to be interested in buying a ring, robbed and beat her family and shot her husband.

"I had a gun to the back of my head with a countdown - three, two - and I'm just screaming and my kids are standing there, and I'm saying, please, God, don't let them kill me, don't let them kill my kids," she said.

She said her husband was shot trying to protect her 14-year-old son who was being pistol-whipped. James Sanders died in his wife's arms.

"I just kept saying 'honey please stay with me, stay with me, stay with us, don't go, don't go,' and he was just barely gasping for air," she said. "They took the love of my live."

(The full article is below)


RAY'S COMMENTARY

In my article "Crisis Meltdown Greece - Sheep, Sheepdogs, and Wolves" I talk about how this nation is already in the throws of a financial crisis. With that, I also mention the rise of crime, but not only that, but crime will become more violent.  

This is an example of what I mean regarding people not understanding how things are changing.

Not only are many of  us students of Bible Prophecy, we are watchmen on the wall.

Scripture tells us that in the last days man's natural affection will wain. That is exactly what we are seeing today.

We need to be more alert to our environment. We can’t afford to be so naive to our surroundings any longer.

This also screams as to why one needs to have a weapon to protect one's family and home.

What Should Have Happened...

First point - He should have also had a a firearm at the ready at the very beginning while answering the door. 

Looking through the peep hole and giving instructions to the youth. The home owner should have only let one in and have the others wait at a safe distance even before opening the door.

If they would have refused or not backed up at a safe distance, I would not have opened the door and I would have called the police, all the while having a firearm at the ready. 

If I had let in one of the youths, I would have had a firearm within inches and would have fired at the first sign of danger. 

Letting four youths into my home to look at a diamond ring should have also been the first tip, but the home owner let his guard down because he was in his own home.

The best scenario would have been for the seller to have met the buyer in a very public place like Starbucks or McDonald's. The seller should ask for a description of the buyers vehicle and a description of the buyer himself without telling the buyer what he, the seller, looks like nor what he drives.

I also endorse having a Carry and Conceal license if your state allows it. This way the seller would have kept his family and home out of danger as well as been able to protect himself by having a licensed firearm. 

The seller should sit by a window near the counter so he can see the buyer's vehicle or the best possible view of the parking area. This way the seller can see how many people were occupying  the vehicle. 

The buyer does not know who the seller is nor what the seller looks like, so the seller could blend in with the crowd if he suspected something. 

Four youths in a vehicle should have caused suspicion and he (the seller) could have gotten up and walked out as the "buyer" was walking in and the seller would have never been noticed. He could have been in his vehicle and out of the area before the buyer put two and two together.

This is how situations like this should be handled when selling something of  value on Craig's List, Classifieds, ect.

Folks, the world is changing before our eyes and people are not realizing it. They still believe that we live in the days of "Leave it to Beaver." Crime is on a rise and it will only get worse. The sad thing about this situation, is that man of the house allowed he and his family to be victims. He paid the ultimate price for that grievous mistake. My prayers are with the family, and pray that these predators are given the death sentence for their heinous crime they committed.  

We often hear Christ quoted saying "turn the other cheek" but barely do we hear...
Luke 22:36 (KJV)  Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.
Thanks to Fernando (Ferfal) for sharing this with me.

In His Service,

Ray
Survival4Christians 




Craigslist Diamond Ring Ad Leads to Father's Murder in Home Invasion, Say Wash. State Cops
 
TACOMA, Wash. (CBS/AP) Four suspects are charged in a fatal home-invasion robbery linked to a Craigslist ad, according to Washington State officials. James Sanders, of the Pierce County community of Edgewood, Wash., was fatally shot on April 28 trying to defend his home from robbers who showed up on the pretext of purchasing a diamond ring he had advertised on the online classified site.

Sanders' wife, Charlene, told reporters last week how the people who pretended to be interested in buying a ring, robbed and beat her family and shot her husband.  


"I had a gun to the back of my head with a countdown - three, two - and I'm just screaming and my kids are standing there, and I'm saying, please, God, don't let them kill me, don't let them kill my kids," she said.

She said her husband was shot trying to protect her 14-year-old son who was being pistol-whipped. James Sanders died in his wife's arms.

"I just kept saying 'honey please stay with me, stay with me, stay with us, don't go, don't go,' and he was just barely gasping for air," she said. "They took the love of my live." 

Three of the suspects Kiyoshi A. Higashi, 22, and Joshua N. Reese, 20, both of Tacoma, along with Amanda C. Knight, 21, of Sumner, were arrested on May 1 during a traffic stop in California. 

Officials say the fourth suspect, Clabon Berniard, 23, turned himself in to authorities on Thursday after being sought on a nationwide arrest warrant. 

Investigators say they believe the people responsible for Sanders' death are also responsible for an April 25 robbery at a Lake Stevens home, north of Seattle, where the family had offered a TV for sale on Craigslist.

All four suspects are charged with first-degree murder, robbery and assault.

Knight appeared Wednesday in Pierce County Superior Court in tears and pleaded not guilty to all charges and was ordered held on $2 million bail.

Charlene Sanders was in court for Knight's appearance and called the whole experience "a nightmare" and told KOMO-TV, "When I saw her I started to shake."

She said earlier her 14-year-old son is recovering and both he and her 10-year-old son miss their father.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ray,

    This story is infuriating. All the gun control dimwits need to read this and then try to justify why LAW-ABIDING citizens should not be able to possess firearms for protecting their families, homes, and possessions. This is yet another glaring example of what happens when only outlaws are allowed to have guns. Everyone else is fair game to them because they know that law-abiding citizens won't have the means to protect themselves. This poor man did everything wrong in this tragedy and it cost him his life. It breaks my heart because it was a senseless loss of life.

    I recall once when my son told one of his friends to "just walk right in" to my house when he came to visit but my son neglected to tell me he was expecting someone. So, there I was working on my computer and this 6' 4" kid walks in (maybe 19 years old) with long, unkempt hair, tattered clothes, and no announcement of entry or a knock. In about three seconds I had my .357 revolver (with six-inch barrel) pointed at his head from about ten feet. I think he soiled himself as he explained that he was my son's friend and was told to walk in. I told him to NEVER walk in to my house unannounced, especially at night, if he values his life.

    I'm not trigger happy and don't start shooting without asking questions unless it's obvious that someone entered my home to do harm. I can tell you one thing though; that young man NEVER came to my house again without knocking and without a proper greeting. After that, we got along just great but he learned his lesson.

    Had this poor man in this news clip been a little less trusting, he might be alive today. As for these four criminals, yes, they deserve the death penalty.

    In His service,

    Mike

    ReplyDelete