David Kupelian wrote an article recently titled “Americans 'snapping' by the millions.”
He opens his article with these words…
- Suicide has surpassed car crashes as the leading cause of
injury death for Americans. Even more disturbing, in the world’s
greatest military, more U.S. soldiers died last year by suicide than in
- Fully one-third of the nation’s employees suffer chronic
debilitating stress, and more than half of all “millennials” (18 to 33
year olds) experience a level of stress that keeps them awake at night,
including large numbers diagnosed with depression or anxiety disorder.
- Shocking new research from the federal Centers for Disease
Control and Prevention shows that one in five of all high-school-aged
children in the United States has been diagnosed with ADHD, and likewise
a large new study of New York City residents shows, sadly, that one in
five preteens – children aged six to 12 – have been medically diagnosed
with either ADHD, anxiety, depression or bipolar disorder;
- New research concludes that stress renders people
susceptible to serious illness, and a growing number of studies now
confirm that chronic stress plays a major role in the progression of
cancer, the nation’s second-biggest killer. The biggest killer of all,
heart disease, which causes one in four deaths in the U.S., is also
known to have a huge stress component;
- Incredibly, 11 percent of all Americans aged 12 and older
are currently taking SSRI antidepressants – those highly controversial,
mood-altering psychiatric drugs with the FDA’s “suicidality” warning
label and alarming correlation with school shooters. Women are
especially prone to depression, with a stunning 23 percent of all
American women in their 40s and 50s – almost one in four – now taking
antidepressants, according to a major study by the CDC;
- Add to that the tens of millions of users of all other types of psychiatric drugs, including (just to pick one) the 6.4 million American children between 4 and 17 diagnosed with ADHD and prescribed Ritalin or similar psycho-stimulants. Throw in the 28 percent of American adults with a drinking problem, that’s more than 60 million, plus the 22 million using illegal drugs like marijuana, cocaine, heroin, hallucinogens and inhalants, and pretty soon a picture emerges of a nation of drug-takers, with hundreds of millions dependent on one toxic substance or another – legal or illegal – to “help” them deal with the stresses and problems of life.
Tracye and I have felt what we call a “foreboding” just hanging over us. In fact we were just talking today about how little sleep Tracye was getting. I didn’t get a great restful night’s sleep either. Sure I could sleep, but we would wake up still tired and not very often did either of us feel fully refreshed.
The stress is so heavy that it seems like you can cut the air with a butter knife.
It seems like our nation is being destroyed and there is nothing that we can do about it. Look at all the stress elements.
- Economy going to hell
- Crime is rampant, murder is up, rape is up, theft is up, etc, etc.
- People are being fired at a drop of a hat and companies are laying off. And when hired again you can’t work over 29 hours and your wage is half of what it was.
- 4 Million on food stamps and food prices are going through the roof.
- Drug, alcohol, sex along with every vice known is drastically up in use.
- Children are in utter rebellion and parents no longer care what happens to them.
See, I am one who believes that this is on purpose.
The past four administrations has been pushing the US towards global socialism. Many of the goals they have set a very long time ago, have come to pass.
Yes, there have are in fact goals to bring down our nation. Don’t believe me, read it for yourself. It was even entered into the Congressional Record…
Where Is The Hope?
Our hope is not in the things we do, what laws we make or people we elect.
There is only one true hope, which is Jesus Christ our Lord.
But the sad thing is that people will not turn to Him. One of the reasons is that they have no idea who God, Jesus or what His Word has to offer.
We as Christians have the means at or fingertips to help us through these hard times, but how many of us really take solace is God’s Word?
One of the greatest and most powerful chapters in God’s Word is Psalms 91.
In this one chapter alone there are great promises from God that give us peace and I know when I read it I feel a peace within me.
This chapter has gotten me though some dark times in my life and I know that Tracye has also leaned upon this chapter in some of her dark times as well.
It is also rumored that Kings and Noblemen would read this and have it read to their troops prior to battle.
Lean On Him
No matter what takes place in this wicked world we live in, God is there for us. He will see us through.
Find that “secret place,” which I believe is being in His Will. Once you are there, do all you can to stay there and don’t venture away.
I know that it is hard but what we need to do is cleave to the Lord and His Word like never before.
What we are experiencing is the beginnings of the storm that so many have been talking about.
The only way to battle this is grounding yourself in Him and His Word.
We read in Romans 12 the following…
The more you read His Word, the more you start thinking and understanding the ways of the Lord.
Folks, there may come a time where we may not have access to the Bible. I highly recommend that you start memorizing verses.
Psalms 91 is a great chapter to memorize, it will get you through so many trials and hardships.
We are living during a time of great upheaval. The enemy truly has the high ground and we who truly love Him are the minority.
In all of this, there is opportunity, the opportunity to be a light in the darkness for others who have lost their way. A chance to be salt to the world who do not know of Christ and God’s gift of eternal life.
It is through hardship that the church is purified and out of that, many souls do come to the saving grace of our Lord Jesus Christ.
We are living at a time where we need to really choose who we will serve. I am not saying who we are giving lip service to, but heart service.
The time for sitting on the sidelines is over. God is wanting people of action and those who really love Him.
You call yourself a Christian? We are coming to a point where we need to prove it.
As I have said, the enemy has the high ground. His soldiers are winning the battles.
Faith Without Works is Dead
In James we read the following…
It is God’s Word that gives us power. Until we have God’s Word in our heart, we lack that power.
Renew our minds with His Word. Get back to really reading the scriptures and meditate on them daily.
With God’s Word working through us, we will have the courage that is needed to exercise the faith that is expected.
And then having done all, we then stand for Him.
By Ray Gano